Saturday, October 15, 2005

...trying to...oh I don't care! My dad is coming in 4 days!

Sorry Devon, but I went to another sporting event. This time it wasn't lacrosse though, it was hockey. Although it was just as violent it was much more entertaining. However it did get very cold becauses we were pretty close to the ice and the bleachers were both cold and hard. Oh and the kid behind me kept kicking me in the back, that is until I not-so-kindly told him that he had his space and I had my space and that it wasn't my fault because I didn't make the rules but he needed to keep his feet on his side of the line. Don't worry, he wasn't a complete stranger so he took it pretty well. However, Angela didn't realize until later that I had met him before so she was fairly shocked, which made it pretty funny for me. So here are the 5 most fun things about watching hockey:
1. Since most of our team is Canadian, they sing both the US and Canadian national anthems before the game. But the girl who sings them is definately not Canadian, so when she's finished singing it, the canadians all turn to the people next to them and freak out about how badly she butchered it (everybody else thinks it sounds great).
2. Trying to decide what exactly is in the cup that they gave you when you ordered hot chocolate
3. Seeing the guy next to you drink the entire mystery drink in a matter of 5 minutes
4. Watching the goalie dance during time-out
5. Witnessing the panel of glass that makes up the outer wall of the rink shatter as two players' heads slam into it, And then of course watching the poor guys pull out the power-saw to cut the plywood that is needed to replace the glass
Sorry, that last one is almost two, but who wants to read about 6 reasons? And yes, I did pay attention to the actual game, at least a little bit of it.
Oh and then after almost falling asleep during a movie and barely reaching my bed, my roomate and I realize that there are two highschoolers serenading, I'm sorry very badly serenading, the highschool girls who are for some reason having a sleep-over in a dorm down the hall. There are reasons that some people don't ever make it as famous singers.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

So who is Sebastian Esteban? Another Mr. Wonderful? I wish I could come visit you this week, waaahhhhh!

Sarah said...

Geron,
Sounds like you have been having some fun. Sports huh? I would have never guess you would have to stoop so low to meet interesting men.:) Love you tons!
Have fun with your dad
~Sarah

Unknown said...

Hi Geron. Guess what you just fed me a blue sweet tart. Thanks for your concern with my sugar levels. Yeah, I thought that mystery drink may have had something to do with his disappearance from reality, but I guess he pulled through because he was at the lovely seminar tonight. Okay but I'm going to bed, so have fun doing your paper.