Okay, so enough complaining about the weather. Today is supposed to be beautiful, muggy, sticky, hot, and make my hair curl, but I am going to enjoy it if it kills me. And when it gets cold and dry I'm going to be happy that I can wear my new long sleeved shirt!
This weekend, I went up to visit my grandparents and on the way I got to go shopping. It was heavenly, all the stories about horrible days completely turned around by a day of buying clothing that you don't need? They're all true! All I had to do was look at those cute brown tweed ballet flats and I felt so much better. Now please don't think that I'm completely materialistic or whatever, because I'm not. Its just that being stranded out here in the middle of a cornfield has brought me to the place of absolutely desperation in the clothing department. Well sort of. Anyway, I bought a pair of adorable jeans, a off-white long sleeved shirt, and a cute scarf/belt, all on sale!!! And although I didn't buy even one of the 7 or 8 shoes that called to me and begged me to buy them, I have great hopes for the next shopping trip. Oh, about being near desparation in the clothing dept. I'm not really, because I guess over the weekend, my friends went through my closet and decided that they loved all my clothes. I'm still working on tracking down everything that migrated out of my closet. But if anyone feels like sending me a care package, there is an adorable dark red trench/jacket at Target, size M fits me pretty well. Just in case you need an idea.
Well I really should go get ready for class. I only have three days of school this week!!! And then shopping! And sleeping!!! I might go back up to my grandparents for some good food again, even if my fridge is full of bars and cookies and cake from yesterday. So for those of you who are coming up on a long week, my sympathies are with you, but I'm going to have a wonderfully long and lazy weekend. Love yah!
3 comments:
Lucky, I get to have a long weekend the 14 through the 17 of october. I went shopping this weekend too and got three pairs of shoes because all I had were flip flops. One pair looks like they are from 1920 and I love them-I can't wait to show them to you. The weather here in Portland has turned cold too and I am really excited because I can wear my adorable wool coat. I love you.
~Sarah
oh fun! i got some ballet flats the other day so ya..... i love them! but they are definetly not something i would want to walk around DC with (i did that one day)
oh fun! i got some ballet flats the other day so ya..... i love them! but they are definetly not something i would want to walk around DC with (i did that one day)
Post a Comment