Friday, October 14, 2005

not give in to dumb trends.

I've been put on Facebook (against my will, for sure). For those of you who are not so up to date with all the college trends, facebook is a sort of blog/messaging type of thing which connects college students all over. Because I like to avoid most dumb trends like that (except the clothing trends of course), I refused to join in. That is until my roomates signed me up. (oh and by the way, yes, I only technically have one roomate, but when I say "roomates" I'm referring to the 4-5 other people who basically live on my couch) Being on this pointless little site wasn't so bad at first: I didn't talk to anybody or add anyone to my "friends" and so no one wrote stupid messages on mine. Unfortunately, this wasn't good enough for my roomates, so they went through and added all of the random people that they've met or talked to around campus. So now I have one more distraction to keep me busy in the hours that I should be doing my homework or better yet: in bed. Oh! but I did get my actual roomate, Heather, on Blogger!!! She probably won't post much but at least I have done a little bit of peer pressuring myself. I added her link (Midwest Farmer's Daughter) if you're interested.

No comments: