Wednesday, October 12, 2005

join lacrosse fan clubs.

This afternoon, I watched my first lacrosse game, and I was amazed at how violent it is. I mean hockey is bad, but it just seemed worse seeing a bunch of guys running around on the grass hitting each other with sticks. I still don't understand the point of the game, except for the part of the getting the large bouncy ball into the net. Angela says that it is just a combination of hockey, soccer, football, and wrestling. Oh and baseball too, she says, because they have to catch the ball. Oh and another one of my friends says that this is as close to the gladiators as we get here in America, because we like to see them get in fights and try to kill each other. As much fun as it was sitting on damp grass and laughing at the guys get into fights, I don't think it has moved into my top 3 favorite sporting events to watch. Oh wait, there isn't a top 3 list, because I really don't like watching sports in the first place. Maybe I'll have to try watching intramural bowling.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Besides being one of my unclaimed treasures, you also have unclaimed athletic skills I am sure. Who knows, lacrosse could be it for you as you do enjoy a little confrontation. Are the uniforms cute? That would be important.

Devon said...

Amen to the watching sports thing. I think I went to about 1/3 of 1 sporting event in my entire time at NNU.

Unknown said...

Yes!!! You can come watch intramural bowling any time you want. What better way to appreciate your beautiful roommate, yes? I might even let you wear my bowling shoes if you are especially complimentary about my lack of bowling skills.