Summer has finally come and along with it, early release from work and afternoons in the ice cold river. With Monday's hot weather, we finished work at noon and jumped into the river. Well more like stepped very slowly and carefully, inch by inch into the water so that we could numb-ify ourselves. We don't usually get in this early in the summer and so the water is much colder and higher than usual. My mother has been sure to repeat the number of deaths in Oregon this year in rivers and lakes as often as she thinks of the cold temperature or swift current. (its 7, and there was one on our fav. beach...sarah says) So we have been extra careful which mostly means that we don't really get all that wet. Except for me, who always seems to slip, no matter what I'm doing, and stumble completely into the water.
Unfortunately, while I was celebrating my short days of work this week, I failed to realize the coming doom of trying to make up those lost hours. But today I told myself that I was going to make up two hours and there was no way I was going to talk myself out of it. Although around about the ninth hour of work, I was very very close to giving in and quiting, but I stuck it out. YAY me! Now I just have to work 12 tomorrow. But...no work on Saturday: the best day of the year, and not just because its Canada Day.
2 comments:
HAPPY BIRTHDAY 2 DAYS EARLY!!!!!! AHHH!!!!aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhh :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
Ah, yes, today the 30th was actually the day you were due to be born. You could have had pearl birthstones, you know, if you had not been dragging your feet. But I guess you felt firecrackers more fitting to announce the arrival of one so ignitable. Happy birthday, sweetheart - I love you, short fuse and all!
Post a Comment