Monday, June 05, 2006

avoid skin cancer.

I hate to admit that I was finally convinced to read A Series of Unfortunate Events. Practically my entire family has read the whole series several times, and until this week, I've held out. But this week, I was not able to withstand the pressure any longer. And now, oh look! I'm on book 5. But (HAHA!) I drug someone down with me. My dear friend and co-worker, Sarah has also been sucked into the cult-like book club.
Mid-week, we were sitting at my counter, eating lunch and I was like, Sarah: take this book home with you and read it. And she's like, no, I don't think so, I have so many books that I've been wanting to read. And so I say, Sarah! just take it home and try it. The next day, she walks in for break, hands me the book: are you finished with #2 yet? I'm flattered to know that I'm such a great influence.
But I do have to admit that the books are entertaining. And they make me think that perhaps my nursery-life isn't so bad afterall. I could be on the verge of being shoved into a saw-blade, or being eaten by leeches or maybe even pushed out of a second-story window like an antique lamp. See what I mean...it really puts life into perspective.

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Hey Book Two is well underway-thanks for being such a great influence(and a great friend). See you tomorrow at morning exercises!!!! Love ya.
~Sarah

Brenna said...

"I'm flattered to know that I'm such a great influence."

haha! yeah right yur not the influence...i am.. duh....geez...whos the one, that went on and on and on about how you needed to read them...umm me! yeah thats what i thought. stop trying to take all the credit for yurself!! arg! anyways....