Wednesday, May 24, 2006

remind myself why I don't philosophize very often.

Today was rain and philosophy. I was once again reminded that I absolutely love the rain. Even when I'm bent over taking cuttings in it, when my pants are so wet that I can hardly move, and when the little obnoxious curls are peeking out from under my hood.

The last few days I've been able to go to sleep and wake up to rain on the roof above me, which was something that I missed so much in the dorms at school. I think rain doesn't just refresh me, but much more, it reminds me why life is so breathtaking...what can I say? I'm an Oregonian.

Although I think that tomorrow, before work, I'm going to go in search of some real rain gear, because that will make movement in general much easier.

But today, as I stood in the downpoar, I began to realize how much I missed the rain this year, and being able to sit in completely solitude in a rainstorm (even if it is on a gravel canyard).

Having sun all year round is nice I guess, but sometimes I just think that it helps to have days like today that say that its ok to not be eternally cheery, but to just close your eyes and think and dream.

Don't worry, I didn't close my eyes while I was working...because that would have created a very dangerous situation with my clippers and my fingers. But I did take a break and lie down a few feet from those dark red and green leaves that I had been tackling all afternoon in order to enjoy the wonderful day and the reviving rain.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm glad you're enjoying the rain. I hope it ends after today so you can go on with your life and it won't start to smell like worms. You know when that happens? It's just not good.

The Lyons said...

So how is the running coming? I can't say that I miss the rain that much - but i miss going to work with you guys :o) happy cuttings...

Anonymous said...

I have to say, that is quite poetic to another Oregonian