Saturday, May 13, 2006

adjust to a very non-social lifestyle.

I have decided that one of the strangest transitions to go through is from college dorm life to summer at home. And more specifically to go from having only about an hour to yourself a day to spending most of the day essentially alone with no one to talk to. Of course there's other transitions that go along with this, such as complete brain power to very little brain power needed for work, being awake from 9am-1am to 6:30am-10:30pm, and living/spending time with only people your age to living/working with practically no one your age. But again, the first seems to be the strangest. At school I had so little time to even think beyond what was necessary for writing papers (which of course was a lot), but every spare moment was spent talking about mostly pretty stupid things and laughing about even more stupid things. Now I spend the majority of my day quietly, since no one really wants to work too hard to figure out a broken English/Spanish conversation. Not that I don't spend most of it thinking about stupid things (refer to my previous post), but just that fact that I have so much time to think regardless is quite a change. I tried to figure out if I could do anything productive by only thinking with no physical work whatsoever, but I'm not sure that I can.
But very very soon....My bestest bestest propogation girls are coming home!!! And we are going to have so much to catch up on that we will be talking non-stop for at least two weeks worth of putting pots on the conveyor belt.
Good luck on that last little bit of the year, girls! You're almost there and we all know that you can do it! Can't wait to see you!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, if laundry is any evidence I would have to agree you have a pitiful social life. All that came through the laundry was old workshirts - 2 covered in paint, 1 from your junior year at EL and 1 dated from a 1995 family reunion. Sad, real sad.

Wait, I predict some beach sand showing up in the laundry floor tonight from some cute clothes I don't recognize. Playing hookey from work today?

Unknown said...

haha... I'd like to hear you try to explain even just Angela in 2 hours...

Are you going to send me more pictures? My family didn't understand why we took pictures in a closet... but that's okay.