These are thoughts that ran through my head during the six hours that I was sticking pots onto the conveyor belt at work:
It would really be nice if someone just popped in to say hi...of course I'd have to tell them that i can't talk to them and they need to leave so I don't get in trouble. But still...it would be a nice distraction.
Working on the potting machine is a little bit like life. It keeps on moving at a slow and steady pace, but sometimes it seems to be going really fast and gets hectic, and other times it almost slows down and gets a bit lazy. Sometimes you have time to look ahead to what's coming at you, and other times all you can do is watch the empty slots go by with no time to put a pot in.
I wonder how many slots there are on the conveyor belt....one, two, three...wow...way too much thinking for my first week of summer vacation. I need to save up my brain power for later.
Its kinda strange how you can laugh with someone about completely messing up when neither of you can understand what the other is saying.
Wow...that was a very heavy and sharp object very close to my fingers.
What is he saying?! Does he not realize that I don't speak Spanish and can't understand more than two words of that whole paragraph?
I wonder if I can hook up the dvd player outside on the patio so I can sit in the hot tub and watch a movie at the same time...hmmm...how long till break?
You know, its not very smart to try to rub your eye when your hands are covered in soil.
I wonder which is more boring: sticking pots onto a conveyor belt, or sitting in class trying to pay attention to a biology lecture.
Time has begun to have zero meaning...the belt just keeps looping around. I hope its close to 4:00 so I can go home........what time is it? 5? 5:17??? Are you kidding me? AHHH! I need a watch...I'm going home to sit in the hot tub! I thought we stopped at 4:00?!?!
So as you can see, it is pretty darn exciting working out in the nursery. I have switched from doing zero physical work and all mental work to doing all physical work and zero mental. Kinda nice actually. I just wish I spoke Spanish so that I don't look like a total air-head all the time.
3 comments:
WELCOME HOME!!!! Hang in there! Sarah will be home soon!! Come up to camp and visit us sometime! Two days to the wedding - it's getting pretty crazy here.
can't wait to join you my firend-think of all the things we get to talk about-in person-love ya
do you dream about pots? Also, if you really want to learn espanol, I'm sure Ricardo would tutor you next year.
Post a Comment