Now I've lived in the mid-west for almost an entire school year and you would think that I wouldn't be suprised by anything. Wrong. This morning I was lying in bed, trying to hold on to the last few minutes of sleep before my alarm clock woke me up, when a strange noise started to invade my dream. No it wasn't tractors trudging down Main st. or even the train whistle that I hear so often. Instead it was cows. Mooing. as in future pieces of steak standing outside my dorm window letting me know how much they hated being moved from their warm barn. At first I thought that I was still dreaming until my roommate came back early from class and laughed at my reaction. There was also a note on my whiteboard: Moo! Good Morning! My friends know about my lack of excitement for all things farmy and seem to enjoy every chance they can find to rub it in. Once I stepped outside into the fabulously rainy day, I not only found half a dozen cows in a little pen covered by straw, but also pigs and countless other items that do not belong in a college parking lot. Apparently AG DAY does not include just a presentation of agricultural reports or observations, but a real live petting zoo complete with tractors the size of small apartments outside the Campus Center. Yay for farms!
Looking forward to my last weekend on campus, even though it will likely consist of mostly studying. Only 7 more days until I finish out my semester and hop on a plane!
3 comments:
Life is like that, when we feel (see)the sun shine, it is the begining of a day.It means guys, wake-up.
You're hilarious, my dear. You know if you didn't make such a fuss about "all things farmy" we wouldn't rub it in so much. You know, it could be worse...the cows could somehow accidentally get out of their pen & chase you down the sidewalk...or even if they didn't chase you, they might leave something pleasant behind...if you know what I mean :) Anyways, you know I love you regardless of your distaste for Ag. Someday I'm gonna laugh when you are a barefoot, pregnant, farm-wife.
Well, we warned you! Too bad it is rainy and no puppies this year. Or cute little goats. At least none that I saw. I think then you would have liked it better. Also when it is not raining, lots of little kids come to pet the animals. Give ag day another chance (next year)!
Post a Comment