Thursday, September 01, 2005

be convincing.

So my first day of work could have used improvement. About the only good thing that I can say about it was that I survived. I don't think I'll change my major to communications or whatever would involve working in the phoneroom for the rest of my life. I really don't think I would change my major to something that would require me to work in the phoneroom for more than what I have to do this semester so that I can buy new clothes and food and go to movies. I do have two friends that have to work in the dishroom early in the morning, and at first I thought that was the worst job on campus...but maybe not. If only I could get enough donations so that I would feel like I actually earned my 6 bucks or whatever. But no, I got nothing. Not one in a whole hour of agony. But looking on the bright side, I did get one maybe...yah right, like that'll ever happen. That's what people say just so that they won't get called again. It wouldn't have been so bad if the girl right next to me, also a first timer, hadn't earned way more than her 6 bucks on her first call. I hate asking people for money over and over. When people say no they mean no, they don't mean ask me again or call me later or send me a letter. But thankfully, tonite, I have a planner party (doesn't sound too fun, but its better than calling) so I have to be an hour late, and than a fire safety meeting which I'll have to leave early for. Yipee for excuses!

1 comment:

Brenna said...

so the job really is that bad? i'm srry! hoep it gets better