Thursday, August 18, 2005

be patient

This post is for those who are waiting to hear if I've survived my first few days in the midwest. However, nothing has really happened yet, I can't move in until Friday or Saturday and so far I've just spent some time catching up with some cousins. I have met some more college bound kids in my grandparents town although not many freshman. Everywhere we go someone seems to have a grandson or a daughter or somebody I should hook up with when I move in. But amazingly I fit everything in just six suitcases, one carry-on, one backpack, and a box that will be shipped next week. The man who checked us in at the airport was pretty suprised when my sister and I wheeled in a cart with nine suitcases on it. "Only three people?" he kept asking, and, "are you sure you didn't stick a boyfriend in there somewhere?" Everyone of them made it safely and the only casualty was one strap that was holding together a big plastic tub full of towels and blankets.

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Hey Geron,
Glad you made it there safely-and all your luggage! I love you and I can't wait to hear from you.
~Sarah

Anonymous said...

Hey Geron! I would love to hear from you :o) I'm glad you posted something on your blog. i haven't yet. Have you moved in yet? How are things going? I'll be honest and say that i'm a bit overwhelmed and scared. At the same time though everyone is nice and welcoming. its just a big weird because there are very few freshmen on campus because orientation isn't until thursday. My mom just got home today :o( I feel way out of my comfort zone. I miss you. let me know how you are. love Em