It all started on Sunday afternoon. A beautiful day. A shorts and t-shirt and picnic kind of day. But before we could enjoy the lovely weather, we had a little problem. I started to make dinner, but as soon as I tried to turn on the faucet, several feet of water started shooting up out of our kitchen sink. "um, honey..." I said. (he hates when I start freaking out about something little). I told him that water shoots up out of the drain when you turn the water and disposal on, there must be a clog. But did he believe me? No, he had to try it himself. Water everywhere. All over the floor, all over us, all over the counter and the clean dishes and the mail. Oh, water and bits of chopped up food--I'm not sure what food exactly.
So at this point, the most logical thing to do would be to turn off the water and try to fix the problem. Is that what we did? no. Let's try it one more time. More dirty water everywhere.
When we finally decided that there was definitely a problem, we decided to visit our lovely neighbor who always parks his plumbing truck next to our car.
We borrowed some tools and Ryan confessed that he didn't actually do all that much "plumbing" when he worked for the plumbers that one summer. But we figured out how to get all the pipes apart. Unfortunately the clog was much deeper in the pipes. And unfortunately our plumber friend had lent his deep-clog-cleaning-tool to someone more important.
The only thing to do was try to salvage our Sunday dinner and avoid the kitchen altogether until Monday morning. Thankfully we did get an apartment maintenance plumber to come in early Monday. He was thankful that we had done all the hard work. And, um, I'm still putting off mopping the floor.
So now that we've recovered from that mess, we've been welcomed to the east coast by a lovely storm. Coastal Flood Warning, High Surf Advisory, Flood Watch, High Wind Warning. I hope this is the closest to a hurricane we get in the next three years. But we've said goodbye to summer and now it's just wet. Wet and very windy.
2 comments:
Yay, you blogged! Sorry bout the wetness. In wondered if Ida would have an effect on you.
Yah, you blogged is right but I was hoping the blog would have better news! Sounds like a mess! We want to hear how the new job is going!
Post a Comment