Monday, November 16, 2009

Since the waters had finally gone down, Ryan and I went shopping on Saturday evening. He had some birthday money to spend and he was badly in need of some new pants. He ended up with two armfuls of new clothes (all of which he definitely needed).

The next day he tried them all on for me, matching them with his button-up shirts and ties (and new black shoes).

Most of all, it makes me think back on the days when he only wore tennis shoes and green and yellow jerseys and stocking caps. I used to think it was because of me that he started to think about what he was wearing. But now I am seeing that he is starting to get excited about being a lawyer. He's starting to look like one now too.

I may have bought some new clothes too. I don't think my college wardrobe is going to work for me much longer either.

2 comments:

Leanne said...

and the photos are??!!!!

Lois said...

Ditto on the photos!!
Good thing he is going from green and yellow jerseys and stocking caps to the "lawyer look" and not the other way around! :) Good to know that love started on the grubbies! :)