Monday, September 21, 2009

Would you trade asparagus and tomatoes and broccoli for this?


Ryan introduced me to a new midwest favorite. At least its one of his favorites.

Now I was rather skeptical of this dish, mainly because I generally stay far away from 2/3 of the ingredients. That is, hot dogs and individually wrapped processed cheese.


But he insisted.

And you should have seen the look in his eyes when they came out of the oven. Pure Joy.


He was home again. And I was not. I think that I will file these little creatures in the same category as grits: something that will always be foreign and strange.

I don't think crescent rolls were designed for this purpose. Their flaky goodness was all gooey instead. I could only handle about two of them. But don't worry, none were wasted.


2 comments:

Lois said...

that is so funny :) I am actually making them for supper tonight. Except I slit the hot dogs open part way and put 2-3 cut up pieces of cheese inside the hot dog. hmmm asparagus and tomatoes do sound good though! now broccoli if I remember correct isn't one of Ryans's favorites.

Leanne said...

I would totally eat those! But then I would eat pretty much anything that somebody else fixed for me :)