Wednesday, September 16, 2009

I started working at a learning center this week, tutoring students from 1st grade to 12th. Its mainly one-on-one with some groups as well as SAT prep. The crazy part is that I went in for an interview on Monday afternoon and they hired me on the spot. I came back to fill out the paperwork and get started with all the training stuff later on that day.

The best part is that its really close, just a few minutes away and very flexible hours. Its just part time at this point, so I'll keep substituting for now. But it's so nice that I don't have to focus so hard on job searching.

Ryan has kept his word and has now started cooking even though he is finishing up his first law school paper today. He's probably spent about 30 hours on it or so, but he's been able to make time for making dinner (and of course extra time for eating ice cream cake). I've been trying my hardest not to help him edit or revise his paper; he's not allowed to discuss it with anyone. He seems to be turning into quite the law student and enjoys pulling out his new vocabulary at every opportunity. 

I just think he looks cute wearing his backpack over his white shirt and tie as he rides his bike to class. And when he measures the margins of his papers with a ruler. Its a serious business.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So have you gotten very many sub jobs yet? Around here it seems like there are so many teachers wanting those very few sub jobs. Tutoring sounds like fun though.....especially when it comes with good ice cream at the end of the day. :)
Pam

Leanne said...

What I wanna know is - does he ask you if he should make it again after dinner AND does he use any vegetables?