Yes Yes, I lied. Don't worry, you weren't the only one. I lied to everyone. But can you blame me? I finally pulled off a real suprise. My parents, my siblings, my friends. Everybody.
So after 27, not 18, hours in the car, I've had the most wonderful week in Oregon...not Canada. The beach, the mountains, the rain, Burgerville, Mervyn's, Costco muffins, curvy roads, full service gas stations, and of course my friends and family. The best suprises were my parents, my older brother, and my younger sister:
Cole: (standing in the back of Dad's truck) just stares...I say: Hi!...he continues to stare...finally: Are you supposed to be here?
Dad: (walks into the house) mouth drops open, but doesn't say anything. I begin to worry: is he upset that I didn't tell him? how can he be upset that I'm home? Oh no! (we hug) ok good, he still loves me.
Mom: (at work) Hon! how did you get here? ...Well, we uh, took a wrong turn back in Montana. In the middle of a hug...You lied to me!
And Brenna: (as she climbs into the car after school) she also just stares...That's why mom didn't want to go visit you...No, Mom didn't know I was coming home...YOU DIDN'T TELL MOM!
Unfortunately, Spring Break is over in just a few days and I'm headed back to the midwest. But, only a month and a half and then its SUMMER!
2 comments:
LIAR LIAR PANTS ON FIRE!!!! HANGING FROM A TELAPHONE WIRE!!!!
Yay!! You're finally back in the neighborhood of Sioux - it looks very deep and white over there. In fact one of my Sioux webcams has a big fat icicle hanging down in front of the lens. Happy spring! It will melt fast I am sure.
Post a Comment