Wednesday, March 22, 2006

count my blessings.



I was supposed to come back from Spring Break refreshed and rested, but after three days in a car, I feel like I need another Spring Break. Our little pickup, stuffed with four girls, luggage, and squished Costco muffins, was supposed to make it back to school in about 26 or 27 hours. However, after we hit a bit of black ice, had to turn around because of road closure, took a detour through North Dakota, and finally had to take a motel for our second night before we could finish the last stretch of the trip, we took over 30 hours of just driving. But thankfully we made it safely, which is of course more important than making it in a small amount of time. And we were able to sleep in a nice hotel and gain some much needed energy to finish driving. We actually found out yesterday morning when we were searching for the non-existent continental breakfast that the hotel had a beautiful indoor pool and spa. Unfortunately we didn't have time to swim, but we did take a few glamour shots in the "tropical paradise."

No comments: