No classes today! Felt kinda like a Saturday except for the part of having to watch Othello, a more-than-three hour movie in the basement of the library. To make it worse, my prof shows up about ten minutes into the movie 'just to refresh myself on the video.' That minimized my instant messaging for about an hour, until she left because 'although I'd really love to finish watching, I have a meeting.' Thankfully there was only one other girl watching it with me so we only watched about two hours of it. The middle really isn't important though, trust me, we checked the summary online. And in the end everyone dies anyway. We got the main ideas and plot.
However, one interesting story of the afternoon started when I was chatting with a friend who was sitting on the computer in my room. She told me that the girl accross the hall had brought a baby goat to take care of for a few weeks. Now that seems pretty far-fetched, but if you knew this girl, you might just believe that she would take a goat from her parent's farm to live in her room for a while. Now I was stuck in the dungeon-like conference rooms in the library watching shakespeare's masterpiece so there was no way for me to find out the truth of the situation. My friend continued to tell me how cute he was and how it can't be that hard to keep it a secret from the RA. I still couldn't believe her so I sent a message to the girl next door to check it out, and not one to readily lie, she added a bit more believability to the story. Still, Angela seems to be continually trying to trick us, plus after thinking about it for a little while, I realized that the girl across the hall was out of town with her family for the whole day anyways. But when I finally finished the eternally long movie and made it back to my room, I opened the door only to find little black piles in a few spots on my floor. They were fairly obviously jelly beans, but the thought that they almost could be and actually looked somewhat real, disgusted me so much that I freaked out and couldn't even look at them or clean them up.
So basically, I'm going to have to think of something purely genius to retaliate...and I'm never going to be able to eat jelly beans again.
No comments:
Post a Comment