Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Everything is back to normal after the storm. We are so thankful that we had so little damage here.

Now that we're a full week into the semester, I've decided its time to start thinking about moving. Ok, it might be a little early, but it doesn't hurt to be prepared.

I started researching some different moving options: like trucks and moving containers. Of course, when you're moving through time zones, you can't just get a straight cost on a website. You have to call each company and talk to their sales people to get a quote. I called one company an handful of times before I actually got to talk with somebody. When I told her what information I was looking for, she laughed and said, "Well, you're looking at moving about as far as you possibly can in this country." Thanks. I didn't know that.

Of course, she made it clear that it was of utmost importance that I book with them immediately. I tried to explain that I still didn't actually know exactly where I was moving, much less the exact dates. "Okay," she said, "I can hold this price for you for exactly 7 days." Again, thank you, because 7 days is really going to make a difference in me knowing where we'll be moving.

Overall, Ryan and I learned that its really too expensive to move. One of us suggested that we should just get rid of everything that doesn't fit in our car and then use the cost of moving to buy all new when we get there. We both thought about it for a few minutes, thinking: can we actually do that? No. Of course not. But a little tempting.

We decided that we'll just be staying here forever. If anyone wants to see us they can fly out here. That way we don't have to move. If you have any objections, you can talk to our donations department.

No comments: