Sunday, August 28, 2011

We have power!

We're definitely some of the lucky ones today with our power on around noon. We were actually only without power for about 16 hours or so. Enough to melt our ice cream a little, but not much else.


I have to thank God that the tall tree near our house did not fall. It was about the only thing I could think of last night as I tried to sleep, especially since it was right above my head.

Looking out the window this morning, we had very little damage. There were a lot of small branches down, a few larger ones, and one or two small trees. Surprisingly, the sun has dried up almost all of the water: it hardly looks like we had a storm.

Except for this poor little tree. It clearly did not survive. But other than that, we have a beautiful day.

...Whew. We had a little 1/2 hour blurp of no power there, about 30 seconds before I hit Publish for this post. It made me a little worried because I was really looking forward to using the microwave to make my lunch. But its back now. Hopefully for good.

No comments: