Friday, August 26, 2011

Our BFF Irene

Our weekend is getting more and more exciting every day. Well, actually, every three hours--that's when each new weather update comes out.

At this point, we're basically smack-dab in the middle of the path of our lovely friend Irene.

Right now, we're not planning on evacuating or taking any major steps to avoid the storm. There have been some mandatory evacuations ordered in our area. However, those are mainly in the low lying areas that usually get the most flooding during storms.

We rarely get any flooding at our house, so we're not too worried about that part of it. Of course, we will definitely get a lot of rain and wind, so we'll probably lose power for a few days.

While we're not evacuating, we are going to be storing water and ice. I've already gone on my survival food grocery run. This time I did get more than oreos, I promise.

The only thing I'm really concerned about is my windows, and maybe the car. Our bedroom window faces a sort of wind tunnel anyways, so we may be moving around some furniture so that I don't have to sleep within two feet of a possibly broken window. That is, if I sleep at all.

For now, its not worth freaking out about. So here is something a little more fun to think about for today:


Luna, Ryan really misses you. If Mom and Dad don't want to visit us this fall, you can come by yourself.

No comments: