Monday, February 01, 2010

Another snow day here today, although the weather was warm and everything was melting away. We had a few snowballs attack our windows this afternoon though. Our friends didn't understand why we weren't outside enjoying the fantastic event. One even said that this was the first snow he's been in since he was five years old.

Ryan explained that snow day equals sleep in, not get up early to make a snowman.

Ryan also says that I can't make fun of the people here because this is what I used to be like before I moved to Iowa. I can't deny that. I definitely had school cancelled on account of less than an inch of snow on several occasions. And I definitely got up early on those days just to try to scrape together a snowman out of a combination of snow, grass, and dirt.

But now I have learned what real snow is and that it rarely equals a good time.

All afternoon we were trying to decide if they would cancel everything again tomorrow because of the slush that is still gracing the sides of the roads. Turns out that although all the public schools around will be closed tomorrow due to inclement weather (the forecast says its going to be 42 and raining), both Ryan and I have to get back to our lives after all.

It was fun while it lasted.

1 comment:

Leanne said...

I'm watching today to see if you're going to get another white covering. Too bad it's hitting on the weekend, huh?