Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Why didn't anyone tell me that it was going to be so cold here? I thought beach meant warm sand, sunshine, long walks. Of course, I should know better, being from Oregon. But this is the Atlantic! Aren't we close to the Caribbean or something?

This morning our back yard has turned from a light covering of powdered sugar, to cotton candy to a solid layer of fluffy icing. And the snow is still coming.

Okay, enough about snow. I'm sick of it.

This weekend I actually did make something. I found inspiration in the chip aisle and remembered my aunt Karen's specialty: peanut butter-chocolate-covered-frito stuff. I don't think that's the official name. What I do know is that I don't like fritos normally, but this recipe proves that anything can be delicious if its covered in peanut butter and chocolate. And it was delicious.

Someday I really am going to do more of this cooking thing.


1 comment:

The Lyons said...

so you guys are getting snow, huh. Josh said that its snowed quite a bit in AK since I've been in ID. So the beach thing isn't working out - sorry :o) happy bloggin!