I walked into a shoe store, a very very large shoe store, today. It was more of a warehouse really. As I opened the door a little sign caught my eye. It said: "Now hiring Shoe Lovers"
And I knew. This is the place for me. Shoes as far as the eye can see. Of course I was going to ask someone about the great opportunity, except that a pair of light grey flats stole my attention. And then there were some white wedges. And then some shiny black peep-toe heels.
It went on this way for quite a while. I almost gathered my attention long enough to ask about employee discounts. But then I saw these mauve colored pumps; they made me think of my mother's closet full of colored pumps from about 10 years ago. Except that they were updated enough so that I wouldn't feel like a little girl playing dress up while wearing them.
Basically the moral of this story is that I never got around to asking about working as a full-time shoe lover. Which is probably a good thing. Because I'd probably spend my entire paycheck before I even left work. But I'm still going to dream.
3 comments:
Wait a minute...you didn't tell us if you bought any shoes!!
My comment is for the previous post. I feel I should redeem myself so I'm not plagued by more bad-mother dreams. How about if I pay for the first grand-daughter lessons?
Why don't you pay for the middle grand-daughter's lessons :)
Post a Comment