So I'm entering my third week of being back in the routine, and I've realized that I haven't completely settled into the idea that I am in my second year and that I'm not the 18 year-old freshman with big, scared eyes and a flashing sign anymore. I actually at least look like I know where I'm going and what I'm doing.
Anyone who is finished with college will immediately tell me how fast these years go, but those who are in the midst of it can see how long each week or term or even class goes. And of course how far away that long walk with the cap and gown (not the wedding gown by the way, that's much farther away) seems to be. That is until I begin to think of maybe a semester here and then one abroad, and then a couple here, and then maybe one more somewhere else and pretty soon, the time with my beloved wool coat and wonderful friends seems to be almost up.
Now don't laugh, I'm sure that all of you who are straining to even think back through the decades since you were my age are sitting there with that smile of "those young kids, they don't realize how different those years will look when they look back from 50 years (oh I mean 35 years)." But I'm sure you were really not so far from my position one day long ago.
So all that to say that I'm thinking that my blog needs to grow and change with me but I really have no idea how that's going to work. I'm thinking maybe some new theme's or title's or something like that, but you'll just have to wait patiently until I figure out exactly what I want. Because this is, after all MY blog, one of the few things that I can call my own, and most of us know, how much I like to be in charge of changing things.
Although; it definitely seems hard to believe I've changed at all myself since a year ago, especially as my roommate and I listen to the Beach Boys and argue about who exactly are the "Northern Girls" and which ones are the "Midwestern farmer's daughters" (she thinks Montana and Michigan have their own regions).
Or as we sit in the back of the car trying to see how many different poses we can take pictures of by ourselves on the way from Super Wal-Mart to our dorm.
Or (the most important) discuss what pet we can all live with and enjoy without losing sleep over nightmares about stepping on wet, flopping goldfish on the carpet...but you'll just have to wait to see how that one turns out.
2 comments:
I'm with you on the whole taking forever thing! If the next three years go as slow as the last year...ugh I don't even want to think about it!
That must sorta be like Eastern Oregon is not really west coast. We're not really sure what it is.
Post a Comment