Saturday, September 02, 2006

miss home but not miss sharing a closet with my sisters.



Dorm #2: much better version than last year's model. A bit more organized, but less homework-oriented.

Now that I'm fully settling back into dorm life, I'm realizing the many things that I missed and the things I definitely didn't miss. However, I'll save you from the torture of reading about the things from the second category.

Besides missing my wonderful friends, I realized that I tremendously missed sleeping in on Saturday, pretending lunch is actually breakfast and generally doing nothing but sitting on the couch and reading weekend afternoons. I also missed having my own closet, even though somehow I have already more than filled up my space. I missed my computer and having my own desk to put it on. Having a semi-soft bed to sleep on. (by the way, a note to those living near that darling flower-power room, think about the fact that I'm comparing a dorm mattress to the one I had all summer, maybe that one should take a break in the bunkhouse). I missed not having to wash any dishes or clothes or do any cleaning in general, but unfortunately that will likely end soon. And finally, I am thankful that I am going to welcome a new member into my dorm: a goldfish that Heather isn't completely convinced will bring peace and tranquility into our room.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Goldfish do not bring peace and tranquility. In fact, sometimes people STEP on them because they jump out of bowls. And like, into the loft. Anyway, your room is gorgeous. so is your roommate.

The Lyons said...

hey geron! great room - hope your first week went well. hows the homework??? did you send in the application? i landed my first tailwheel! i miss ya! i had a goldfish but never fed it and it still lived for years! ttyl

Hannah said...

I side with my sister on the goldfish issue.

Hannah said...

And I like seeing more pictures of Heather with not-wet hair!