Thursday, September 28, 2006

an understanding of what is supposed to be my planner.

I have the attention span of a goldfish...seriously. Ok, probably one that's a bit more calm and well behaved than the one swimming frantically on my bookshelf, but a goldfish none the less.

(oh by the way, my goldfish is still swimming and breathing and eating...well actually, I do kinda need to feed him, but he's alive none the less, thank you thank you)

Ok anyways, about my day.

Maybe its because I had to sit thru another lecture about fitness (even though I got my little fitness test card back saying that I'm pretty much not there but I did in fact run the mile in a decent time, yes I know, you're amazed), or maybe its because my printer is beginning to seriously develop some behavioral problems, or maybe its just because I sat thru four rather boring and very long classes today, but I have not been able to occupy one task for more than about 5 minutes. (except maybe this blog)

But when I finally made it back to my computer to check my email this afternoon, I suddenly found myself overwhelmed and all calm and composition slid out the door.

So now I look back and find that I am now:

a) tutoring for physical science (ugh) which I'm just taking the intro class and hating it. and I got a 50% on the quiz today, and I haven't read more than 10 pgs of the book. So I have no idea why I was asked to do it, but hey, its an extra couple of hours of workstudy a week.

b) possibly mentoring an elementary schooler through the Big Brother Big Sister program

d) applying as somewhat of a back-up for a semester in the Netherlands

e) attending a tri-state educators conference so I can write a response and presentation on it to make up for the month of slack-ness that has been my life until now

f) going to Russia (what?!?)

and that I have not:

1) done my laundry, and won't be able to for....?

2) accomplished anything as far as homework

3) washed the pile of dishes that was my floor/fridge

5) finished...wait, actually I had a really good one there, but I forgot...oh finished reading my email

Ok so hopefully that doesn't give too much insight into my life, but I think I have something else that I'm supposed to be doing right now, so I should probably work on that.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so excited for your tutoring job, you have no idea. Do you know what this means?? You get to spend more time in the library! Maybe I'll come along. with cookies.

Sarah said...

Netherlands? Russia? What happened to Italy? Love you.

Devon said...

"thru" is soooo not a word.

The Lyons said...

nice bloggin Geron! ya, what happened to Italy??? i'm glad your gold fish is still alive :o)

Anonymous said...

Wait I'm confused...you're going to Russia? Also as a side note...I don't always feed my goldfish. The thing is a rock, he has made it a year while his three friends gave up LONG ago.