
This morning, I had to say goodbye to a very new, but dear friend of mine. He actually had no name, because I told myself to wait at least a week to give him a name. I knew that it would be much harder to bear if I had given him a name. So I took a spoon and a cup and said a few words to small fish, hoping that large fish would be able to cope with the loss, before I sent him swirling down into the world of forgotten goldfish.
Thankfully, my roommate was not in a state of full consciousness or realization, so she did not have to be the one to find the poor thing, floating at the top of his bowl. Especially since she probably would have lost all control and woken me up at 7:30 and made me flush him right then and there.
Any words of encouragement would be appreciated, especially for his kin, large fish, who is now left alone, with no one to bother or chase around his bowl. But he is left with the knowledge, that although short, his friend had a very happy and well-fed life.
2 comments:
He's very endearing; anything else I could say would just be wishy-washy!
Well-fed, thanks to me!!!
Post a Comment