So I was actually going to post a picture of our lovely garden sweet corn (which actually now has two of those...oh yah: ears on it.) but in order to save myself the embarrasment and you the boredom, I resisted. It becomes especially embarrasing when I realize that that would make two posts about corn. wow. As a disclaimer: my life really isn't that dull. Its just that I've realized that my last weeks of real summer vacation are basically...um...now. So I've made a committment to do nothing. And I hope my boss isn't reading this, because I slept in until almost nine today. But he's in ATLANTIC CITY (where your dreams come true) without me so most of my guilt has been abolished and replaced with genuine laziness. So wonderful.
However, I do realize that this feeling is soon going to be overcome with a great environment of stressfullness. So I have made a second committment to move in with my sister (as soon as she moves into her gorgeous little house) and avoid the following:
1) work that involves:
a) cleaning out the pole barn/wedding hall
b) baking wedding pies
c) creating or putting up any wedding decorations
2) my mother, the bride, the bride's mother (even though I love them dearly and will try to make it up to them later)
3) any packing or planning for returning to school
One thing I am going to accomplish is decorating my little brother's room! (I have come to grips with the fact that I have amazing talent) Yes, this is Logan, the one who probably wouldn't even notice if his room had suddenly transformed into a house of monkeys. But his excitement is topped only by my own. So were going to base the room on orange (his favorite color: which he told me...in a complete sentence!!!) and then accent with blues and browns. He's even coming shopping with me to check out some bedding and curtains.
Now if you know anything about my 15 yr old bother, Logan, you should be staring at your screen right now with your mouth hanging open. But its all true.
A-MAZ-ING.
3 comments:
Too late, I already am avoiding you here where dreams come true!
hey! I just called your house and nobody answered. So I take it you are having lots of fun somewhere else. haha I thought about you on the way home because my dad said he couldn't drive with me and holly in the car, and it reminded me of that one time (wow this is getting to be a long comment) when you were sitting on my lap! Yay! I can't wait for you to come back!!!
have fun with logan! What an accomplishment! love ya and miss ya
Post a Comment