So after a whole year of making fun of those poor Iowans, I have decided that I need to give them just a little bit of credit. There is one thing that we can't do here in the northwest like they can in Iowa.Consider this picture. This is a sad representation of Oregon's agriculture.
We just can't grow corn, what can we say? So here's to you: corn-growing Iowa. You won this round.
The grocery store corn that my dad buys to replace his own garden-grown variety just isn't cutting it. Especially since it doesn't look there will be even one piece of corn this summer.
I take back all I said (wait, I mean, some of what I said) this year about that sad, overlooked state. They may not have the beach or the mountains, but they do have corn. Corn on the left and corn on the right...every single road. And of course, they do have at least a few wonderful people.
2 comments:
AAAAaaaaaaaah!!!! I love you!!!!
YAY CORN!
Post a Comment