The first week of classes is over! I barely survived, I wonder how many times I've said that in the last six months...probably way too many. Anyway, I am now lamenting my two day weekend. Shouldn't Martin Luther King Jr. day mean something? obviously not. Okay so honestly, I'm more upset about having classes on Monday than the principle, but really? Isn't it a national holiday? Do they think that just because they're giving us a couple of extra days over spring break that they can ignore other holidays that most people have to take off?
Not that I would use the extra time very wisely, probably go to another movie or something. Although there aren't too many good ones out right now. Now Tristan and Isolde: I was very excited about. Especially since Heather has watched that preview several times a day since Thanksgiving. Unfortunately it wasn't as good as we all had hoped. It definitely had potential, a lot of it actually, it just didn't follow through. There were some good tear-jerker scenes and a few redeeming qualities, but in the end you're feeling sorry for the wrong guy, you're angry at the girl, and all you're left with is a bunch of gory battle scenes. Yet another perfectly good movie ruined, although the main character does somewhat redeem himself near the end. At least I had a free coupon to the theater, a bad movie can be made so much worse when you think about how much you paid to see it.
3 comments:
well if it makes you feel better, i don't have school on Monday (not sure why that would make you feel better but who cares)
thats really weird i would think you would. we even get it off...
Well, if it's any consolation, had you been home, your Dad would say, "I need to find some work for those kids on Monday, it's not good for them to lay around doing nothing".
Post a Comment