Sunday, November 06, 2005

pay attention in class.

I think that my big sis is going to get me into trouble one of these days. Ever since we were kids, she has taught me to make up stories about each of the dolls in the walls in our room, dream about climbing through the books, and imagine my teachers without noses. So now when I'm in college and should be able to control myself, I end up sitting in the corner giggling while I think of ways to distract myself. Such as last week: on Wednesday night, I fell asleep listening to my roomate watch Remember the Titans at 2x speed for one of her classes. She didn't feel that it was necessary to waste two hours of her life watching a football movie when she could get through the entire thing in less than an hour. So the next day, I was watching a particularly animated professor lecture about who knows what, and all I could do was imagine her lecturing at twice the speed. Her frail body was side stepping and circling and hopping. Her arms kept going this way and the other way and then all of the sudden she'd plop down on her chair for about one and half seconds and then get up and run from one side of the room to the other. Thankfully, she was too focused on her own speaking to notice me curled over with my hands over my mouth. I'm not sure what it was that was so funny, but something about sitting in the same class day after day does somthing to you I think. A few of the people around me glanced over and I barely held my laughter in enough to keep from distracting the entire class. I thought I had gotten over it a few minutes later until the next day when I started to imagine again.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

haahaha i'm going to try that with miss gibson! lol