Thursday, November 10, 2005
blog seriously. right.
I have to work again tonite. Although the phoneroom isn't as bad as I thought it was at first, it doesn't make up my ideal evening. Let me think, my ideal evening...being hung up on repeatedly for three hours? no; accidentally calling an elderly woman, "Mr.?" No; playing Operation after getting an increase? slightly better; writing a cause and effect paper until 4:30 am and then sleeping until eleven just in time for class? not too much. So that's basically how I've been spending my days lately, staying up late working on homework and talking to random people who always ask how the weather is out here. This question is one that confuses me? Why do people always want to know how the weather is? Does it affect them? Does it give them satisfaction to know that I have to wear a bulky marshmellow coat just to walk to breakfast? And the other question that always annoys me is asking what year I am, so its not that big of a deal, I'm a freshman, but its another one of those questions that no one really cares about the answer, they just ask it because they think its polite. For example, last night, I was talking to some guy from California or something and he's like, a freshman? wow they start you off young over there don't they. I mumbled some answer about wanting to make money or something. He rattled off some school that only have juniors and senior call, and I answered with some sufficient answer to keep the conversation going. Not really he said, I just made that up, after which he laughed. Very loud. And very long. I'm so glad that I don't have to ever actually meet the people I talked to on the phone. But hey, I am getting paid right? And I got two bonus hours last night and I'll probably get one tonite. So that makes 9 hours of pay for 6 hours of work! Yay for all those who pity poor college students!
3 comments:
Hooray! Your middle school up the street has their webcam working. Now you must run down there with your friends and wave at me. It's on the south side I think pointing at some split-level homes. The blue, tan & beige (from left) houses are all pretty visible. Also there's something new in the picture since last year, like a modular or some other large gray structure that is pretty ugly and blocks the whole parking lot.
hey! hope your work went ok. sorry i couldn't get a hold of you this weekend. I had a good time at the les miserables play. THis afternoon i got to go up in the air with a guy needing to train for his stage check - it was pretty cool. talk to ya later
What is this about you getting paid extra? I HAVE TO WALK THE MUSIC BUILDING TO WORK!!! And I have to be in the practice rooms ETERNALLY!! AAaah! I should have pursued a college career in getting hung up on. sad...
Post a Comment