Monday, October 17, 2011

shoes

I've been working a lot more the last couple of weeks so I haven't had a chance to share my latest crochet projects.

This one was inspired by a baby shower that I went to a while ago. There were so much adorable baby stuff that I had to try some of my own. Thankfully there is an abundance of babies in my life these days so I know nothing will go to waste. Just to clarify, none of these babies are mine.

So this is attempt #1. A cute slip-on (there are laces attached underneath the front part for a little extra stability). This idea came from a pattern for baby boy sailor shoes that I modified.

I made this with my friend's little baby Elyse (who should be joining us any day now) in mind.


Once I got the hang of making the sole, I got a little carried away in the creativity department. This is an attempt at some cute sandals. I saw some similar ones on a crochet blog, but there was no pattern. To be honest I got kind of bored about half way through, and so it turned out a little sloppy in the end. Also, without a baby foot to size, it was hard to gage how long the straps would need to be.

Notice that there is only one of each. I like to think of myself as a finisher of projects, which most of the time I am. However, after I finish a project I usually like to move on to something new. This becomes a problem with shoes. I finished one of each shoe. I currently have not completed either pair. I also have moved on to other projects.