Thursday, March 13, 2008

SUMMERTIME!

Spring break has officially started as of 3 hours ago. Yes, I am still in my room on my computer, but I don't even care. As much as I would have liked to go somewhere warm with a beach, it doesn't even matter today.

I finished all of my tests and projects and presentations and pointless homework. And it is 52 degrees outside! As in 20 degrees above freezing! As in the snow is melting and the water is even evaportating! I wore white shoes yesterday...without socks!

So the combination of those two things have put everyone within a hundred miles in a good mood today, actually in an amazing mood today. Except for maybe the girl who lost at jump rope at the middle school today, the good weather hasn't quite touched those twelve year olds.

Instead of sneaking across the country like I've done in past years, this time, I'm just relaxing in the midwest, I'll probably even stay on campus until at least Saturday. For today, I'm planning on starting on my homework (we'll see), heading to a middle school band concert, and generally avoiding the cow butchering that I was invited to. Apparently the whole cutting up meat is quite a family event, one that I'm not too excited about. Somehow seeing the hamburger before it is hamburger does not seem very appealing to me. Even though I was told that I could "just wrap the meat" I think I'm going to stay home tonite. The midwest has grown on me in the last few years, but I'm still no farm girl. I like my meat to come out of the freezer.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

How goes spring break? - lve