Tuesday, March 25, 2008

the farm.

Back to class today, spring break is over. However, the spring weather is just starting. (Easter was welcomed with 10 inches of new snow).

My break was made up of several little trips, one to the dairy to butcher cows, one to babysit, and the last one to just relax.

Even though I was going to try to avoid the cows, I was dragged to the farm and given the wonderful opportunity to see hamburger being made. Actually, I got to put chunks of raw meat into the grinder to make hamburger myself. How lucky am I? I'm pretty sure I'm going to avoid eating meat in general for a while. I also got to ride the four-wheeler, milk cows, and pet calves. Can't you just picture it? Please don't send any overalls, I'm not signing up for the farm life just yet.

The second part of my break was spent babysitting a little 7 week old baby (ryan's nephew). He was adorable, of course. So I got a refresher course in infant 101...and I remembered how much work they were. Too much work. Thankfully, I was able to bribe my way out of changing his diaper every other hour by folding laundry. Who knew the horrors of a newborn digestive system? Thankfully he was cute enough to make up for it. Especially when he would open his mouth wide open in a huge smile and giggle as he swung his arms around. He's going to be a heart breaker.

The last part of break was the one filled with snow (I made a snowman in March!). And filled with basketball. Seriously, is it necessary to watch basketball for four days solid? I don't care what time of year it is. But we also went down to Chicago to hang out for a day, and of course played in the snow.

So after a week and a half of sleeping way too much. I got to get to know my alarm clock again this morning. I lost count of how many times I pressed snooze. But there's only 6 more weeks until Summer! And the sun is out!

No comments: