Tuesday, January 16, 2007

the new neighbors to consider sleeping in a little tomorrow.

I have officially spent an entire day back at school, after a very early morning and an uneventful plane trip. (Except that is for the last leg, when an entire, very tall, college basketball team was shoved into a very small plane with numerous other passengers so that by the time we took off, the flight attendant was no longer able to walk down the aisle and had to pass drinks, napkins, etc, down the rows one by one).
When I made it to my dorm, I felt like crashing immediately, but since it was only 3:30 in the afternoon and my roommate wasn't coming till at least 10:30, I was forced to unpack and waste time in various other ways so that when my roommate finally came, we could stay up way too late detailing every moment of our vacations.
Unfortunately, Iowa has not greeted me quite as warmly as my roommate. Although I was really excited that there's lots of snow, the arctic temperatures weren't exactly what I was hoping for.
Good news, though: after my class this afternoon, I was standing outside talking and I realized that it seemed a whole lot warmer than when I was out earlier in the day. When I got back to my computer and checked, I saw that I was right. It had warmed up from -10 to a full 3 degrees positive. Now standing outside and chatting is possible and no longer painful.
One last thing that I noticed this afternoon during my first class: During break I have completely lost all ability to sit through a 75 min. class (that is, if I have ever even had that ability). I only had one class today, but I could hardly stay awake, much less pay attention and I checked the clock at least once every 5 min. Oh how excited I am for this great new math class.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Miss you lots, even if I'm just one state away and in the same time zone. It's frigid here as well. Hey, it's math - get over it, sweetie!

Anonymous said...

Yay! They fixed your webcam. Now I can see that your snow is still white.