So I made it back to the homeland...finally. It took a total of three days to finally make it home to... an empty house? Yep that's right, I walk in the front door waiting to be attacked by the entire family, but who's there? Only Brenna, who was sitting on the computer and didn't even notice that I had come in. Oh they love me alright.
Anyways, I finally pulled out of school early afternoon on Wednesday, and when I say that I pulled out of school, I mean that yes, I was driving...in the snow! It was a very brave move on my friends part but for me, it was wonderful. Although I did almost slide into the ditch once, but don't worry, I was always in total control...well almost always. We didn't end up flying out until Friday morning, very early. I thought that getting up at 7 for an exam was early, talk about getting up at 4:20 to catch a flight. Next time I think we're going to risk the check-in lines and get up at 5. Thankfully Starbucks was open and my pumpkin spice latte was ready for me. Although I spilt half of it as I struggled to get our 200 lbs. of luggage out of the car. Don't worry, the coffee basically froze before it hit my skin, so I wasn't burnt.
Once I made it to Pdx, I stuffed my wool coat into my backpack and managed to drag it and my three suitcases outside. Just about everyone around me was wearing gloves, scarves, and heavy coats, supposedly it was "freezing cold" outside, but I didn't really notice. What was it? 35 degrees? Sad.
It took me several more hours before I made it home, but I got to see my friend's dorm and have a mini renunion with my two inseparables.
And the rest of the weekend included more "terrible weather" and sliding around on the ice covered ponds with Brenna. Its finally raining today!! YAY!! I wouldn't care if it didn't stop until I had to leave again. I think just about all the rest of my family, except maybe Brenna would have to agree with me.
But now its back to work, I have to deep clean the basement apartment in the back office, and trust me, its awful. Something went wrong with the kitchen drain, and even the ladies who work in the office upstairs had to go home early because of the smell. OH the joys of being home!
2 comments:
ok well, ya that kitchen in the apartment was pretty much gross, i don't think i'm looking forward to cleaning it anymore tomorrow! eww...
Geron! I hope you're enjoying.. the rain? It rained here yesterday. It was annoying. Anyway, despite the wierd weather setbacks, Christmas break is excellent, eh? I hope you're getting some promising pictures of puddle-dwelling creatures for me!!! See ya in... you're coming back Monday, right?
Post a Comment