Wednesday, December 07, 2005

survive dead week...should I be more stressed out?

So this is the aweful end of the semester routine. Not too bad actually, I think I'd take this over any other week of the semester. Sure I have three finals next week, but I really am not at all worried about any of them. (I'm sure many of you are now laughing at my false sense of security and excitedly waiting my next post in which I'll barely be able to type because I am 98% brain dead) But really, I just finished my first "final" --talk about easy. Okay so it was only a theatre sub-course, but still considering all of the life-threatening papers that I have had to write in the last few months, a few exams are nothing to be afraid of. Plus, I am officially done with two of my classes as of today, and I don't have anything else to do today except write a couple of easy papers and of course, blog.

This is also the week of banquets during which we are reminded that the food service can actually make good food, they just don't usually put forth the effort. Last night, I went to a dinner for my scholars program and I sat next to the president and was served by the evil commons worker that makes me swipe my own meal card. It was quite satisfying watching him carry around a tray and ask what else I needed as I carried on small talk with the prez. And since I was sitting next to the president, I was also served first...wonderful. However...talk about intimidating. But there was really only one other option: sit next to my prof, so I chose the lesser of two evils (too bad there wasn't a cute boy to make the choice much easier). So my question is, how exactly do you truthfully answer the president when he asks you how you liked the dreaded ksp class, or what you think of commons food? ...um...they CAN make good food, they just usually don't... or...um...the class was interesting... Thankfully he let out a big laugh and invited us over to have cupcakes at his house on Sunday.

The countdown's at 8 days, 5 classes, 3 early mornings, 2 breakfasts at the grille, and 1 load of laundry.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

hmmm.... heather excercising restraint.... okay Geron I'm glad your learning circle has expired

Devon said...

It's true that dead week is usually the funnest week in the term, provided you put in a modicum of effort over the rest of the term. No classes, no homework, a little bit of studying...it's great.

When you get to grad school though... the fun is all over...

Brenna said...

hmmm......well i don't have anything to saym so good luck! love ya! see ya in 8 days...

Anonymous said...

AND one snowman!