Days left:
packed: 8
I obviously haven't been packing that much lately, but that is the beauty of starting the packing early. I can pack when I want and ignore the packing when I want. I am good at ignoring.
In the mean time, my house has found out that we're moving and started to revolt. Two weeks ago it was my shower that decided to retire early. As soon as I got that fixed the bathroom scale quit (which I decided we didn't really need anyways). And this week it's the washer.
Clearly, the washing machine breaking down is the biggest problem. Thankfully, it was on the last load of the day that it stopped working. Unfortunately, it quit after filling completely with soapy water. Which led me to my romantic Saturday evening: scooping out washer water 16 oz. at a time until we could easily move it away from the wall without scratching the floor. And then mopping up the floor after learning that I do not have the coordination to hold a bucket under the washer drain.
I then tried to be the ultimate appliance repair person, which translates to me screwing off the top panel and looking at all the colorful wires. You're supposed to cut the red one first, right? Then the blue one? That's what they always do in the movies.
No I didn't cut any wires: Ryan stopped me before I had a chance to.
Turns out that that little folded paper in there is not a magic map to help you fix your broken appliance. I looked.
It also turns out that there is a nice old man online who is willing to help me fix it via webchat for $34. Ryan wouldn't let me try that option either. We decided that if you were an online repairman you would automatically upload a picture of your grandfather to your profile because who wouldn't trust their grandpa to fix their washer?
The thing is that we paid less for the washer to begin with than it will cost to get a real person out here to fix it. So for now we're enforcing a strict test to all clothing items before they go in the laundry basket and collecting quarters. And counting down the days till we move.
No comments:
Post a Comment