Tuesday, November 08, 2011

Washing machine update:

After thinking about the walking down the street to do laundry for the next six weeks, I decided that I couldn't give up on my washer. So I convinced Repairman Ryan to help me look a little more closely to see if we could at least find out what the problem is.


What we discovered was that there was a little plastic box that controlled the lid switch that was breaking off. Which means that my washer thought the lid was always open and so, to protect me and my arms, it shut off after filling with water each time.

We were able to secure the box back where it belonged, although after we move we'll probably have to buy a replacement. Which means that we didn't have to call an appliance fixer! And my washer still works!

As a result of my adventure, I have learned more than we would ever like to know about my household appliances. And I had no idea a washer looked so frightening underneath.

Now I need to go do some laundry.

1 comment:

Leanne said...

Quick put some covering back on it! It does look exposed.