Sunday, June 26, 2011

A month and a half later...

The summer semester and my job and the Mid-Atlantic heat are almost over for us. With the next two months stretched out in front of us, I've realized that I'm going to have a lot of time on my hands. Ryan is going to be busy shaking hands and giving out resumes, but I haven't even taken the time to think about what I'll be doing.

Of course, we'll be spending lots of time with friends and family. Also, my sister has graciously invited me to take cuttings in the field with her. I'm not sure if I will be taking her up on that offer.

So with this in mind, I've decided to compile a list of summer projects, as well as a list of food that I would like other people to make for me :)

One of the projects that caught my eye recently was a new form of crocheting: Amigurumi. Apparently it originated in Japan, and it is basically making all kinds of animals and objects from yarn.

So my first attempt was an owl. Let's just say that it wasn't exactly blog-worthy. Then I tried a few others before reaching this:

It's a hedgehog; well almost. It still needs some eyes and some work on the flower accent, but it's still a step up from my first few tries.

As far as the food, I'm adding anything homemade or fresh from the garden or not made by me.

It's going to be a great summer!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

okay, I admit it's pretty cute. you might have to teach me how to do that...
-B