Tuesday, May 17, 2011

On my way to work, well I was almost on my way to work, I got a call from my coworker that the lock on the door was not working. She said I might as well stay home at least until the locksmith showed up. She had been waiting at the door for an hour and a half.

So here I sit. Enjoying my morning. I am hoping that there are a lot of other locks that the locksmith needs to fix today. But I'm also trying not to get my hopes up. Its a little like the days when they would forecast snow. I would go to bed dreaming of all the things that I would do the next day with a snow-day. It would make it so much harder to get up and get ready for school the next morning when there was no snow on the ground.

I never get to sit at home at this time of the morning, and I'm loving it. I don't even mind hearing the noisy, little baby birds who live somewhere in between our wall and porch roof. Ryan, who spends a lot more time near their nest, has started pounding on the wall to get them to be quiet. It doesn't last very long. Instead their momma comes back and they all get very excited again. We are hoping that they learn to fly soon.

Still no call from work...maybe I should make some cookies.

1 comment:

Leanne said...

Reminds me of some other bird noises Ryan had to deal with!