Saturday, May 07, 2011

Today we finally made our way home. But first we had to cross the bridge tunnel. The big bridge tunnel. Actually there's several miles of bridges as well as two tunnels. Basically, you drive straight into the ocean without being able to see where you'll come out.

Are you starting to understand how I feel about bridge tunnels?

This is how our crossing went:

Ryan: Ooh this would be more fun if there were no guard rails.

me: Please don't talk.

Ryan: Look! No hands!

me: You need to drive! Put both hands on the wheel. Now! Stop! Just stop!

Ryan: You want me to stop? Should I pull over?

me: NO!!! Drive.

Ryan: Skipper, prepare to dive. All systems ready? Up Periscope! 30 degrees downward!

me: Please just drive.

Ryan: DIVE. DIVE. DIVE. BRRRRRR! BRRRRRR! DIVE!

me: I don't like this. I don't like this. I don't like this. Slow down.

Ryan: Maintain Speed!

me: I don't like this. Can you please slow down.

Ryan: The sign says maintain speed... Look, we made it. Oh, that was just a practice one, the next one we have to do with our eyes closed.

me: Can you please stop talking?



And you get the idea. I, for one, am happy to be home.

Overall, we had a wonderful weekend. But I forgot my camera, so there won't be any picture posts, sorry.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Kristina says "Ryan's brain must be fried"! Hmmm whats worse going through bridge tunnels or helping Ryan study all those flash cards??

Mom H