Wednesday, December 29, 2010

This starts the adventures of one of my largest Christmas presents:


a bread maker

Well, actually, this machine's adventure started quite a while ago with my deal-finding mother-in-law. And it continued through the never-land of lost airline baggage. Let's just say this thing is a world traveller. But that's another story.

This is the story of me vs. bread machine.

Chapter 1:

After looking through my new bread cookbook, Ryan couldn't possibly wait another day to try it out. So at approximately 8:25 PM, I opened up to the first recipe and started carefully measuring. Now you should understand how difficult it was for me to do this, that is, the carefully part. I'm a throw-it-all-in-with-my-eyes-half-shut kinda baker (Probably why baking has never been a successful hobby for me in the past).

Now I am waiting... patiently.

Still waiting...

Okay, so I'm not so patient. Never have been.

The timer says 2 hours and 32 minutes. The viewing window is all fogged over and covered with flour, so I haven't seen any progress. You have no idea how much its killing me to not lift up the lid and poke at it.

At this rate it's going to be done at 12:28 tonight. Ryan and I will be making our third trip to the airport this week at around midnight to pick up some friends who were about at lost in the airports as my suitcase was this week. So don't worry, I will definitely be awake when this bread is finally done.

We'll see how it turns out...

No comments: