Monday, September 20, 2010

party's over.

My first party was a success!

This weekend I threw a party to finish off our summer reading program. I was volunteered, well maybe even forced, to head up the party planning.

It was full of pizza, games, and twisty balloons. The party, not the party planning.

For once, I didn't have to station myself at the balloon area. Instead, I was running in crazy circles organizing games, talking with parents, overseeing the cake cutting, making sure no one killed anyone else.

I got a little worried when we started with about 15 people total, but the kids kept sneaking in throughout the afternoon. I think they may have even multiplied when we pulled out the balloon dogs and hats.

I have to say that I'm rather proud of myself, although I'd have to credit my success to years of following my mom through her own crazy parties. As fun as it was, I'm glad that there aren't any more parties in my near future.

1 comment:

Elizabeth said...

I hope you took tips from Angela and Phyllis as well.