I was going slow and saw the yellow paint, but the whole time I was saying to myself, "This can't be good for my car. This can't be good for my car."
Today would have been perfect: day-off, almost finished book, plenty of laundry to make me feel productive, pouring rain on the other side of the windows.
That is, until a certain someone turned his bright blue eyes towards me and pleaded with me to drive him to class, twice. You see, if he drives, he has to park about a block away from his building; if I drive him, he ends up about 10 feet from the front door.
I tried to give him a cost-benefit analysis. If he drives, only he gets soaking wet. If I drive, we both get wet walking from our front door to our car (and back, for me). I should have known better than to try to outsmart a lawyer.
So that brings me back to driving my car into hazardous conditions. And tromping through the small ecosystems that used to be our sidewalks. And walking into a tree branch (my head was down to keep the rain out of my face).
But now I'm back, with dry clothes and my still unfinished book.
1 comment:
Sounds like rain boots and rain coats for 2 on the Christmas list this year. :) What a good wife you are!
mom h
Post a Comment