Tuesday, August 25, 2009

u-turn

I remember learning, I think, that U-turns are strictly illegal in Oregon. Now, it's true, I don't remember a whole lot of things that I learned at age 15, but this one I do. So when we moved here and watched car after car turning straight around in the middle of the road, we were a little surprised. We were even more surprised by the parkinglots and roads that were only accessible by u-turn. When I had to make my first dreaded turn around, I looked frantically around for police cars or flashing lights or bright red "do not enter" signs. 

But now, I do them on purpose, just for fun. Today I made about 8 u-turns, and it wasn't because I was lost. I even had an interview at a school the other day that, if I worked there, I would have to make one every day on the way to work. It definitely gave that job a few extra points on my scale. 

Thankfully no u-turns to the beach, though.

No comments: