Wednesday, April 02, 2008

being a grownup.

I've been spending my time writing all sorts of lesson plans and units these days, although I wish they were actually realistic or useful for the future. Oh well, that's how school is right?

Like today, I'm working on an early childhood reading lesson, working with a repetitive and predictable book, as if I were planning to teach kindergarten instead of middle school.

So after searching through the library, I found some great choices. For example: Some Things Are Scary (Florence Parry Heide).


Here's my own version:

Some Things Are Scary

Registering for my very last semester of college classes
is scary.

Thinking about graduation
is scary.

Figuring out on-campus housing
is scary.

Looking at all I have to finish before exams
is scary.

Thinking about exams
is scary.

Planning student teaching
is scary.

Moving from Iowa to S. California for student teaching
is scary.

Getting a real job
is scary.

Making dinner for my roommates
is scary.

Driving to my BFF's wedding this summer
is scary.

Thinking about packing in four weeks
is scary.

Knowing I'm going to grow up to be a grownup
is scary.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

coming home for the summer is scary.
driving your own car is scary.
wondering what dad will have you do for the summer is scary.
DAD

Anonymous said...

thinking about brenna driving your new car

is scary.

brenna